Monday, December 5, 2011

Parenting


We have been talking about parenting styles in class. As we were talking it made me appreciate my parents so much more especially my mom.  My parents raised me with a very good parenting style, which I am grateful for.  One thing I realized is how amazing my mom is and how much she has overcome. My mom grew up in a family where the parents used a vey authoritarian parenting style. It was emotionally abusive. My mom was parented a lot like the parenting exhibited in the movie Tangled. I know my mom has had a lot of emotional baggage from it. I remember watching my mom struggle after talking to her parents. My mom has come along way and she has broken the chain in her family so that my posterity and I will not have to suffer as she did. I realized how amazing it is that my mom broke that chain and that she doesn’t have a lot of problems which can come with growing up in that.  I called my mom to tell her how much I love her and how thankful I am for all that she has done and over come. We were both crying on the phone it was a very tender moment. It meant so much to my mom to hear that. I have always told my mom that I love and appreciate her but now I am able to understand a little better what she went through and how hard it has been for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment