Thursday, November 10, 2011

Changes


This week we talked about affair prevention and many things were brought to my attention that I had not thought of before. I had not thought about how my relationships with friends would change or how I am going to have to change some of my behaviors when I am married. To me hello and goodbye are said with a hug. In class I realized that I am going to have to change that, because I can go around hugging every guy I come in contact with. I am really close with my friends, most of whom are guys, and we say I love you to each other. I don’t know why but it just hit me that I won’t be able to do that when I am married, seems obvious but it just hit me.  The interesting thing is that when we are married we need to separate ourselves in some ways from our friends yet when that occurs people see you as terrible and give you a hard time about it. I often hear people complain about how once a friend started dating someone or once they go married their friend treats them differently. While people act as if this is wrong in reality it is the way it is suppose to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment